Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer!

I used to think that when I had lots of free time that I'd enjoy doing nothing. Now that I have lots of free time, I've found that I get bored super easily and feel like I need something to do. I will be teaching summer school soon, so the boredom won't last much longer, but it is surprising to find that I am not as much of a "do-nothing" person as I once thought I was.

So. I have been:
Baking
Running errands
Cooking dinner (I really like baking better)
Going bike riding
Walking (briskly) on the treadmill (started today)
Watching Weeds on my netflix streaming wii disc
And searching for other things (preferably fun) to do.

I think I enjoy vacation much better when I feel as if I need a break. I did feel that last week, but...not so much at the moment. I don't know why. Plet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when you have too much time on your hands...it just gets excessive. And being bored makes me tired. which just makes everything worse, haha. Yay for walking and bike riding! I have three more weeks in my beginning pole class, and then we move and go on vacation, but when I come back I think I'm going to take some of the intermediate classes - spins and more transitions. And then hopefully get up to inversions! So neat.

And yay for you cooking dinner. I do not attempt that. It ends in tears. Haha well not really, but then things don't turn out well and I get bummed. I think recently the only time I've cooked is when Talen was here (I made salmon one night when S. was at his own place), and when S. had a fever/was pretty sick. Then I rallied and made tomato soup from scratch. But other than that...no thanks :P

aniahs said...

yeah. today was discouraging. e. and i made meatloaf...which wasn't so good. i think we didn't pick a good recipe. it wasn't dry or anything, but it had chili sauce in it...which made it taste funny. then a couple days ago we made spaghetti and meatballs...and the meatballs were a little bland.

so...i've been quite discouraged lately with the cooking. i really would rather bake.