Monday, July 12, 2010

Naked and martha.

My urban decay naked palette came today! It's pretty, and the shadows are all usable. Which is great, because I've never felt the need to buy eyeshadow palettes before...for the reason that there's always some color in it that I can't see myself using. Problem solved. And it was ridiculously cheap. 12 full sized shadows plus a mini primer plus two liners...for $44.



I made cupcakes this weekend that need to go up on the baking blog. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook and they were good. Better than all the healthier recipes that I've been trying lately. Oh Martha, why do you need to be so unhealthy? Three, yes three, sticks of butter went into that batter. However, I did discover that I might be able to make an angel food cake someday! Maybe. The cupcake recipe called for egg whites that had been beaten until fluffy, and I found that I didn't mangle them when it was time to fold into the batter. Accomplishment.

Anyway. Summer school is almost over (2 days left!) and I am looking forward to taking a break and spending some time with the boy before the regular school year starts up again. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm going to use the Naked palette today, I think...I'm having breakfast right now. I've been sick and not in the mood for makeup (102.4 degree fever, yes!). And what baking books did you buy? I forgot, and I will order them soon.

aniahs said...

Ew fever. Hope you're feeling better.

I have Martha Stewart's baking handbook and perfect light desserts. :)

The whiskey liner is prettyyyyy.