Friday, July 30, 2010

fail. :(

I tried to make chicken piccata this afternoon for dinner.

It didn't come out. It tasted bad. As in we bought dinner instead bad.

Sad. Face.

E. thinks the lemon I used was overripe and bitter. And on top of that, in hindsight, I think it was too large of a lemon. Apparently, "juice of one lemon" is not specific enough for my non-existent cooking skills.

While I do know that I am not a chef or anything like that, I was extremely discouraged (still am, actually) and am now wary to cook something in the near future. Plet.

To make myself feel better I made peanut butter cookies this evening. Those came out just fine. Which made me feel a little better, but in the grander scheme of life, aren't cooking skills more important than baking skills? Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, bravo! I am not brave enough to attempt things like that...although I'm going to try making a mushroom soup today, because I like mushrooms and S. doesn't so this is a good time. But it's okay! Keep going! Baking skills are important too...cookies make people happy!