Thursday, May 20, 2010

this school year needs to end.

I had three periods of senior English this year, and because they have all graduated and no longer come to school, I have three free periods during the day. Which sucks. One might think that it would be nice to have so much free time during the day, but it's not so nice. It leaves me bored and unengaged in anything, which results in me feeling tired and sluggish. Which is no fun at all.

In my free time, in order to stop me from falling asleep, I have been watching Weeds. So I am now halfway through season two. (It's a half hour show, and one season only has 10-12 episodes in it.) It's still funny, and full of random twists, swearing, and a smattering of sex scenes. It's a showtime tv show, not a major network show, which could explain all of that, I suppose.

It rained yesterday and today, and so I didn't want to go bike riding. Wet=slippery. Which=me falling down. Not fun. So, I need to clean my shoes so that I can use them on the treadmill so I can start myself on working up to running. Maybe when I can actually run places I'll go running outside. I feel like running outside right now will make me feel stupid because I have absolutely no stamina...and people in my age demographic should be running, not walking, unless they are attached to an extremely small dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see my links for the "build yourself up to running?" regimes? I started on a treadmill too, but mostly because I didn't want to go somewhere, and then be stuck because I got tired :P You have to come back home somehow. Haha. And running on a treadmill is kind of mind numbing after a while. I love the Burke-Gilman trail here...actually...I heart Seattle, haha.

aniahs said...

Yeah. I didn't get a chance to look through them yet, but i will. I need to wash my shoes and i can't do that until i can dry them in the sun...and it's been raining. Poop.

Cathy said...

yeah, i can't run at all, too. no endurance. i've been limited to gym bikes and ellipticals. ooh, i found a new favorite machine though... the indoor rower! it makes me wanna start doing crew. anyway, good luck with running!